Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A rant and a dirty little secret

First the rant...

I used to LOVE dogs. My first dog in my childhood was as perfect as a dog can get, aside from the digging, the daily escaping and the hip dysplacia(which I'm sure I spelled wrong). My Mom's dog turned me off of dogs. Sorry Mom. Then I thought, well, maybe it's just THIS particular dog - who spent an entire lifetime not toilet trained and experienced that "time of the month" all over my bed and chewed and ate the contents of the litter box, and, and, and. But then I was around more and more dogs and well, now I'm just turned off in general. Dogs smell. And I could forgive the smell if they were toilet trained and didn't bark. And for some reason, I moved into a neighborhood and a neighborhood blossomed around me that has TONS of dogs. Loud dogs. That bark incessantly and wake up my baby. And forgive me, but it is crazy hot here during the day and if the climate is cool at night and I want to have my windows open and a fan blowing, I shouldn't have to hear your dogs at all hours of the night - especially you guy across the street who has at least 3 dogs! Also, the screech owls can stop mating any day now. The end.

And a dirty little secret...

Ben likes Barbie. I should have known a few years ago when his giant Wayne Gretzky action figure was giving skating lessons to Barbie. The following conversation actually took place in this very loft on Monday:

Ben: (whiny voice) I want to pick the show!

Sofia: You picked last time, it's my pick. I want Nemo.

Ben: Are you sure you don't want Barbie?

Sofia: OK, Barbie.

Ben: The one where she goes to Paris.

At this point I look at Ben and ask, "are you serious?" To which he replies, "I like the dogs."

And then today in the bath the two kiddos are singing songs from "Barbie and the Perfect Christmas." Hmmmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment